So, I’m going to Bethlehem’s VegFest tomorrow, and boy am I pumped! There’s going to be a lot of vegan goodness there, but I’m especially excited for Vegan Treats and The Cinnamon Snail (Vegan Treats because I love them dearly, The Cinnamon Snail because I hear good things). But hey, with a name like Cinnamon Snail, you’d think they’d have at least one thing with cinnamon on their menu, right??
Topping this oatmeal with pecans also gives it some nice crunch, not to mention it tastes awesome with the other ingredients. They’re optional, of course, but totally worth it. They’re the perfect topping for this quick and yumlicious breakfast!
Cinnamon Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (as preferred)
- Top with chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, add almond milk and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add oats and stir. Simmer on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, until basically none of the liquid remains.
- Stir in mashed banana, vanilla and cinnamon. Taste for preferred amount of cinnamon.
- Pour oatmeal into serving bowls, and top with chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Yeah, so I’ll have to do some menu-surfing online for the Cinnamon Snail. Even if there’s no actual cinnamon, tomorrow’s still gonna be a blast!
So, are any of you going to the VegFest tomorrow by any chance? Who knows, I might just bump into ya’ 😀