So, I’ll be straight about it: this smoothie rocks. Why? Because smoothies automatically rock, that’s why. They’re practically my whole life.But in all seriousness (if that were possible?), this smoothie is loaded with nutrients. Strawberries have half the daily requirement of Vitamin C, which helps out in the immunity department (and also means antioxidants). Spinach is an awesome source of iron, and a contender with bananas as far as potassium goes. Green tea has a serious amount of antioxidants called catechins (which also absorb easier with Vitamin C). So, this is kinda like a win-win-win. Juuuust sayin’ 🙂Plus, this smoothie is super refreshing for a long summer day. Yeah, I’m praying it lasts a little longer. Can you believe it’s already the middle of August? Ridiculous! ;(
Strawberry-Spinach Green Tea Smoothie
- 8 strawberries, destemmed and frozen
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 banana, frozen (slicing helps it blend easier)
- 1 cup brewed green tea, steeped until cooled
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- Blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender and enjoy!
So, what do you guys think? Has summer been going by a little too quickly, or is it just me?