Before anything else, I want to thank Lifestyles With Lia for nominating me! Let’s hear it for Lia! Woo!
Anyway, the Liebster award is a way to recognize blogs you enjoy. It’s also a way to meet new ones!
So, for those I’ve nominated, here’s how it works:
1) Post the award on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3) Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 bloggers you think deserve this award. If possible, they should have less than 200 followers.
5) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, and ask 11 questions to the people you nominate in your post.
So, without further ado, here’s 11 random facts about me!
1) I’m 17 years old. And yes, I like vegetables. It’s not an oxymoron.
2) I’ve had a love-hate relationship with tomatoes. When I was a little kid and I tried a grape tomato, it felt like I was biting into an eye. Now I actually love grape tomatoes. Wierd, no?
3) I’m actually a writer. I don’t have anything published yet, but I write Young Adult novels.
4) I’m homeschooled. So was my sister, but she’s in college now.
5) I have no problems getting my 5 servings a day of fruit/vegetables. Actually, on most days I get at least seven. But hey, I’m a vegan here. Not too hard 🙂
6) I’m a Christian. Jesus rocks 🙂
7) I love books. Almost every time I walk into the library, I walk out with a huge-tastic stack of books I can barely carry to the check-out counter. But come on, books.
8) I have a greenhouse. I just put it up in the last week of September, two days after I got back from vacation. The thing had been sitting in my garage for two weeks and I just could not wait anymore. And neither could my dying potted plants.
9) In real life, I’m actually pretty shy. In public, I get kind of anxious, and you’re lucky if you can have a conversation with me. But when I’m at home with just my family, they “can’t get me to shut up.” LOL.
10) I can spell the word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis with my eyes closed and have been able to for years.
11) I actually found veganism by accident. I was looking for a new way to lose weight after having tried dozens of fad diets, and suddenly the idea popped into my head “Why not go vegetarian?” And of course, I never do things half-way, so I just went vegan. Now I’m vegan for much more than health reasons.
And now (dun dun dun), my nominees! Enjoy, you guys!
Ok, and now I’ll answer Lifestyles with Lia’s questions to me:
1. What is your favorite snack food? I love homemade fries. My favorites are sweet potato and butternut squash.
2. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment? The family room in my basement. It has a wood-burning stove, so it’s really cozy this time of year.
3. What is your favorite dish that you know how to cook? I really like making tofu scrambles. I ate it in lettuce wraps once. Double-awesome.
4. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate? I really enjoy the period of time from Thanksgiving right into Christmas. It’s such a lovely time of year.
5. What is your favorite shape of pasta? I like spiralizer pasta. Does that count?
6. Who is your favorite Disney character? Hmm… I guess I don’t really have one…
7. What is your favorite month of the year? January. I like the feeling of clean-slate newness.
8. What is your favorite cooking/kitchen smell? Anything with vegan chocolate. Brownies, cake, doesn’t matter. I’ll stand by the oven and sniff.
9. What is your favorite outdoor sound in nature? Chirping crickets in Summer. Or rustling leaves in Fall.
10. What is your favorite kind of weather? I like rainy days. I don’t ask for them, but when they come along it’s a great excuse to cuddle up with a cup of tea.
11. What is your favorite era in history? The modern era.
Okay, now 11 questions for my lovely nominees:
1. What is your favorite vegetable?
2. What is your favorite thing to cook?
3. What do you love most about blogging?
4. Do you have any siblings? What was it like growing up with/without them?
5. What’s one part of your personality that I might miss if I didn’t meet you in person?
6. What kind of sense of humor do you have?
7. Which taste do you like best, savory or sweet?
8. What’s your favorite hobby?
9. What’s one of your quirks?
10. What is your favorite kind of soup?
11. What is your favorite book?